From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 10:16:01 -0400
I also think that Dayna and Foggy would be great poster children for the
California legalization effort.  I know that Dayna is worried about having
her identity compromised and losing her babies, but the stories she has to
tell are worth it.  Most reputable reporters will go to great lengths to
protect the identity of their sources.  Meanwhile, all the ferrets of
California can ruthlessly exploit Foggy's misfortune for their own good.  Or
rather, I think a little wounded fuzzbutt could generate a lot of sympathy.

One person suggested that she was in touch with the reporter who was working
on the CBS piece about ferrets.  Would that reporter be interested in Dayna
and Foggy and the rest?

Of course, Dayna, I'm not suggesting you do anything that makes you
uncomfortable or endangers your ferrets, but even a local piece might do
wonders for the legalization effort.

I'm all out of suggestions now except for one.  We found mealy bugs in our
ferret food once.  We switched to Iambs Kitten food and haven't had any
since then.  If the food comes with mealy bug eggs in it, should it really
be fed to ferrets?  I wouldn't eat it.

-Catherine Shaffer