From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:08:55 -0400
That is a really cute commercial. Several weeks ago, while looking
for the commercial, I visited the Bounce website. They are sponsoring
a shelter pet contest. The public votes on a shelter pet photo (the
pets are all up for adoption) and the winning shelter will receive
money towards vet care for their animals. The photos were all
adorable, but one problem: no ferrets were included. I wrote to the
Bounce parent company, Proctor and Gamble, thanking them for including
a ferret in a positive light on their commercial. I also explained
that there are so MANY ferrets in shelters and ferret shelters could
REALLY use the chance to win vet care costs since most are supported
by individuals/donors, and don't receive federal or national
organizational monetary support. I also mentioned that ferret
shelters do a HUGE amount of laundry! LOL

IMO, if they are using ferrets to sell their product, they should
include them in the chance to gain a prize. I believe the HSA is
involved in the contest and I don't feel that they are very in tune
to the needs of ferrets and their plight.

You can go to the Bounce website and send an email asking them to
consider ferrets in any future contests. I would suggest that you be
positive toward their company and product so they will listen to what
you have to say.

Lesley

Here is the response I received for what it's worth: