From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - FERRET BUSINESS of GA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:35:36 -0400
>From:    michelle clark <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    joycev <[log in to unmask]>

This is really sad, my heart goes out to you both.  It's a pity that your
little ones had to be lost due to incomplete information from a source that
you trusted.

This is a real problem that we hear about repeatedly in GA.  Pet stores are
telling people 'It has/had its shot.'  They're not lying are they?  MF
(our main source in GA) ferrets are supposed to have their initial 6-week
distemper vaccination.  What these pet stores fail to tell their ferret
customers is that the follow up distemper boosters are necessary for
complete protection.  Additionally they neglect to inform their patrons
that annual rabies vaccinations are required by GA law.

I urge all ferret owners to insure their ferrets are fully protected from a
miserably, painful death from distemper.  If you can't document complete &
proper distemper vaccinations with a copy of the medical records, or
through the veterinarian of the previous owner - your ferret isn't
vaccinated.  Don't leave the protection of your little one(s) to chance.

My best wishes to all the ailing fuzzies, those who sadly have been lost, &
their keepers who bravely stand by them to the end.

Juliana  (770) 984-1417 <[log in to unmask]>
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
(fer'it`biz'nis) n.  1 Ferret foster care & adoption.
2 Info about ferret care & ownership.  3 What a ferret does.
4 A collection of ferrets.  5 A direct result of ferret math.
/That's BUSINESS as in a bunch of ferrets folks./