From:
Susan Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:50:28 -0700
We have a beautiful little girl here at Friskybiznus Ferret Sanctuary
we call Poppet. She was surrendered to me by a family in the military
who were being deployed to California. She called me the night before
they were to leave and realized she couldn't take the ferret with her.
Despite being full here, I agreed to take the ferret. I was shocked
at what showed up at my door. She looked like an alien, wrapped in a
blanket. She was naked, scrawny and sad as adrenal disease ravished her
tiny body. Owners thought she was just "vitamin deficient" and fed her
"ferret paste" and "that food you get that had fruits and vegetables in
it". She brought nothing. No toys, no favorite food or treat (which is
probably best, considering)...nothing but this blanket and an illness
that was killing her. Her nails had never been trimmed and she has a
deformed back toe as a consequence. She has a sebaceous tumor on her
head.

We took her in. We got her on duck soup and good kibble. We trimmed her
nails. We started loving on her and gave her blankets and toys. We got
her a lupron shot and taught her about Ferretone. Poppet has been with
us for three weeks and had gained 60 grams. She has gone from sad and
sick to happy and alert, busily moving little stuffed toys and shakey
eggs and Wonkeys from one place to another. She has made friends and
cuddles with them at night.

Poppet needs surgery to remove the tumor on her head and to remove the
adrenal masses. The surgery is scheduled for May 13. She is one of 11
other hospice and sancuary ferrets in our care. We can give the time
and love they need. We can clean and feed and do laundry. We need HELP
with the vet costs required to keep them healthy and happy.

Please check out our auction on 32 Auctions at this link:
http://www.32auctions.com/organizations/6395/auctions/7528
The wonderful and unique items there have been donated by some very
talented and generous people who want to see these babies get the help
they need. Help us help the fuzzies by logging on (it's easy!) and
bidding. But hurry!! Our auction closes this coming Tuesday, April 23
at 11:45 PM.

Thank you all for your support, your donations, your guidance and your
messages of support and love! It means the world to us! Happy bidding
and good luck!!

Dooks ~n~ Dances, Susan Baker, Owner/Operator
Friskybiznus Ferret Sanctuary
https://www.facebook.com/FriskyBiznus
www.cafepress.com/friskybiznusferrets