From:
"Heather L. Farley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:49:41 EDT
I would like to send a special note of thanks out to Scales and Tails in
NJ.  In the beginning of June I lost my first ferret Rascal.  The towards
the end of June Kahlua started to go downhill.  We still aren't quite
sure what was wrong with her as we are awaiting blood test results back.
To make a long story short we ended up deciding to give her a blood
transfusion.  I called Gail at Scales and Tails and asked her if she
possibly had a ferret that could donate blood.  She said sure, she would
have him at her vets right away.  They drew the blood and I had my mom
transport the blood down to my vet for Kahlua.  Unfortunately Kahlua
ended up making it through the night only to take her last breath the
next morning.  If it wasn't for Gail's quick response and her willingness
to help out a practical stranger I wouldn't have had that last evening
with Kahlua.  I made sure to tell Kahlua all about the rainbow bridge
just like I had told Rascal.  I also was able to sit with her in the
porch swing and just rock her and sing to her.  So I wanted to personally
thank Gail and Syrus the ferret who donated his blood for everything they
did.

-HFarley
R.I.P. Rascal 6/1/06 and Kahlua 6/29/06  Dance on my little ones!