From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:15:41 -0700
I would like to extend a big thank you to those of you who sent me
pictures for use in this article.  I did not expect to be overwhelmed by
so many pictures and I hope that nobody will be offended if their pictures
are not utilized.  I will, however, send them all to the editor so that if
she decides to use them later, she can contact you.  Great stuff!

In addition to the terrorist attacks, the sight-seeing plane that went
down in Mexico was very bad news for my area.  My boss and his wife are on
the cruise ship that those passengers originated from.  My husband woke me
up at 12:30am to tell me that I needed to come see the TV (you could tell
he was nervous).  I had missed the passenger list so I waited anxiously on
the phone to find out if my boss and wife were on that plane.
Fortunately, they are ok.  I have not heard what the reason that plane
went down is, and don't even want to speculate what could have happened.
Please keep these Northwest area families/friends of the deceased, in your
thoughts and prayers.  Yes, this crash pales in comparison to what
happened Tuesday, but it is pretty big news in my area.

The good news is that all the blood banks around here are overwhelmed with
donors.  It is a four hour wait to give blood and you have to make an
appt.  I am calling the Red Cross today to find out what supplies are
needed and then I will be implementing a donation box at work.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this horrific act.

Thank you to BIG for allowing all of us to post.  Sharing this terrible
experience together, helps.