From:
Jennifer Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 16:44:47 -0500
Hi everyone,
I have question about ferret canine teeth, whether they can be trimmed or
not?  Has anyone ever attempted or talked to their vet about it.  I have a
2-3 yr old spayed female that was severly malnourished when I got her from
the Humane society.  I took her to a vet near my house and because of her
condition we were thinking that she might not have been spayed.  The vet
told me how much it would be to "look", but I decided to hang out for a
little bit and see what developed.  I took her back to the vet's and she
was surprised it was the same animal.  "Trixie" had grown hair and had put
on some weight.

However, I was trimming toenails and cleaning ears when I noticed that her
canines are still pretty long.  The vet and I were hoping that with hard
crunchy food, she would wear them down.  Not the case.  I gave them some
treats and noticed that she had a more difficult time than the others eating
hers.  Does anyone have any suggestions, they would greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jennifer
Phoenix, AZ