From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 3 May 1994 11:59:51 -0400
Hi fellow friends of ferrets! I am new to Internet, and this listing is great!
Thank you to Chris for organizing this, to Bill and everyone @ CUNY, to Pamela
for Ferret Answers, and to everyone else who puts this together.

My first ferret, Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy (sable), was given to me 6 1/2 years ago when
I was volunteering at a wildlife center. They had a number of ferrets who had
been dropped off there, and usually adopted them out to volunteers. I had never
seen a ferret before, and it was several years before I learned that Mr. Fuzzy
Wuzzy and I were living in a "ferret free zone" (Mass.)

Most of what I've learned about ferrets Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy taught me! He was
absolutely the sweetest little creature I've ever met. (He did bite
occasionally, but he always licked you first, so you knew it was coming.) The
little fuzzbean died about a month ago; he was full grown when I got him, so
I'm not sure of his exact age. But he had an inoperable tumor on his kindneys
for the last couple years of his life, and he was a little old man when he died.

Someone gave me Cinderella about 7 months ago. She is a couple of years old,
mischievous little ferret princess (Cinnamon, I think), also extremely sweet,
though she does have a fondness for ankles. One of her favorite places to sleep
and store snacks is the bottom kitchen drawer, which she accesses from below.
She was always a bit too active for Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy; however, I think she needs
a buddy. I would like to adopt from a rescue group or possibly one of the
MFarms ferrets. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks very much!

--Cinderella's Mom