From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:46:56 -0400
Hello All,

At 10:15 AM today, Judge Caprathe granted another 24 hour stay of execution
contrary to the wishes of The Attorney General (Denise Chrysler) and Bay
County attorney (Martha Fitzhugh).  The judge said that the appeals court
needed at least 24 hours simply to be able to review the documentation.  My
understanding is that Chrysler was livid, Fitzhugh and Bay County have now
hired a law firm from The Detroit area to represent Bay County in this
matter (An even larger waste of taxpayer dollars).

Keep up the contact with all forms of the media, I'm hearing from all around
the country that we are now getting excellent media coverage including CNN
Headline news.  I've been on the phone all morning personally doing
interviews, answering questions mostly from the media.  KEEP IT UP.

Bud Jackson has brought the media into this in an excellent way.  I hate to
ask for more, but we need to raise funds to pay him & keep him involved to a
yet higher degree.  Each national press release is around $400.00 to get it
on the wires and we need to do this, it's putting the pressure on the
politicians.  If you can help, send your donation to me so I can cut Bud
some more checks to pay for his services.

Robert Jacobs
2772 Samuel
Saginaw, Mi.  48601

Thank you all sooooooo  much!!!  If it weren't for all of you, we'd have
lost Kodo long ago!!!