From:
Laura Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:06:32 -0400
Sukie Crandall wrote:
>(BTW, there have been some recent reports that some N.E.  ferrets were
>instead given a homeopathic "vaccine" but that the vaccine does not work
>and deaths from distemper have resulted.)

I would very like to know your source for this information.  I have not used
nosodes but have heard many people attest to their efficacy.  And the people
I have spoken to use titers to be assured there is adequate protection.
There is so much misinformation circulating that I have some difficulty with
a one line statement about something that may actually be a useful
alternative to vaccination.

I am a nurse.  I am also interested in the holistic approach to health and
healing.  I have read enough about the drug companies and the FDA to
question the safety of drugs as well as vaccines.  What is needed is an open
dialogue about problems as well as alternatives to what is presently
available.

I get very annoyed with the attitude in our society that because this has
worked in the past, because a doctor or the FDA says it's okay, that we're
not supposed to question anything.  And I have a problem with the idea that
I have to make my ferrets sick in order to do something good for them.  So
much as been coming out about the side effects of vaccinations, human and
animal, that I feel it is irresponsible to dismiss such information.  I
would like to think I have an open mind.  I will continue to get the
distemper shots because that is the most certain as far as keeping my
ferrets free from distemper.  What I want is for people to be open minded
about possible alternatives, and not blindly continue on doing the same
things we've always done without even considering something that may turn
out to be a better alternative.

I thank the people that have taken time to respond to my post about vaccines
and homeopathic remedies, even thorough I may not agree with what was said.
I would like to encourage anyone that is interested to thoroughly research
holistic alternatives.  There are mailing lists, holistic vet referrals, and
good books on the subject.

Laura