Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:29:02 -0700
sorry, kind of long

Has anyone had a ferret attack another of their ferrets bad enough that
they had to see a vet or be hopitalized ?  I just went through this with
my Hannibal.  He bounced back quickly from his injuries as I have an
awesome vet, but it was kind of traumatizing for both of us.  I found him
bleeding from his mouth & contacted my vet after hours on his cell phone.
He was going to be staying @ his office for awhile, so he agreed to keep
him overnight & put him on fluids.  Sometime in the night, Hannibal
vomited a huge blood clot which is how my vet found him the next morning.
He was also bleeding from his mouth, nose, rectum, & sides (he had large
scabs).  My vet treated him for two days & nights & got him to eat again.
Now he's home & I'm treating his one remaing wound with cream, giving him
an antibiotic, & treating his ears for excess yeast due to his unability
to fight it off b/c of hislow immune system-he had developed sepsis.

Because of his quick recovery, my vet thinks he was attacked by another
one while I was at work.  He has 2 cagemates-Artimis, who he's been with
since I got both of them & Stormy a.k.a. Dirtybird, my Angora.  I have a
sneaking suspicion that it was my Angora who did it.  He can be nasty &
he develops moods that my other ferrets don't develop.  Stormy hasn't
bothered Artimis, but Arti is a stronger ferret.  Hannibal is now rooming
alone in my bedroom where I can monitor him through his recovery.  He's
back to giving kisses & responding when I talk to him-THANK GOD !!

Anyway, to make a long story short ( I know TOO LATE ) has this happened
to anyone else ?

becky & my furry kids

18 ferrets, 3 pugs, & my kitty