From:
"Ada ( Weaselpals)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:52:21 -0700
Hello,
Just a quick few words about ferrets in heat (hot weather) .

It was about 10 years I took my 1st ferret to the park for a walk, all of
a sudden My ferret started going limp and I picked him, up and ran to to
the car with him, and I had a bottle of water that I had been drinking
out of, I took a towel and wet it and I wiped him down over and over
until the AC kicked on in the car, quick thinking saved him, so please
dont take the chance.

If you dont have Ac in your home, freeze 20-oz pop bottles freeze them
and put them in a white sock and tie it in a knot at the top and put one
in each cage, it will cool down the temp in the cage.

Dont take chances, dont leave them in the car unless someone can stay in
the car with the air on If you have to go into a store, inside a car can
heat up to 100 in no time

Ada
      Visit Weaselpals Ferret Hammocks , Sleepers and Hideouts:
               Peepers says look at Mom's web link!!
         http://mypeoplepc.com/members/weaselpals/hohoho/