From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 22:12:02 -0400
Attention FMLer's..........Important comments flowing fast and heavy from
Rascal.
LONG LIVE THE FERRET FREEDOM FIGHTERS!

To:   Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   And a little ferret shall lead them...
Your story about Foggy and the therapy pool drove us to tears!  Our Mama
could understand that man's feelings as she too is suffering and trying to
learn to do things all over again.  Her therapy for the first month after
her extremely difficult back surgery was giving her those same feelings.
The pain was almost too much to bare, especially if told she had to do
something that she knew she couldn't do.  We both knew she needed hugs from
us, but couldn't convince our Dad to take us to see her.  Instead our giant
big brother...Lobo, got to go visit her.  He came back with a very positive
report, although she did seem to cry a lot when she saw him.

After spending a full month in the hospital, she was finally able to come
home but still couldn't do much, and still to this day can't do everything.
But thank goodness we knew how sad she had been so was willing to give her
extra loving, chuckling, kisses, etc.  Although she didn't seem too happy
when we tried to steal away her walker.  Have you big guys ever tried to
move something that heavy?  I, being a tough guy, tried by pulling the
little bag that was attached.  Got that giant walker thing to move a few
inches.  Then, she had this really neat reacher thing.  Now that was much
easier to take, although it was a touch too hard to get up the stairs so I
took it to the bathroom.  Amazed mama!  After 4 months she's now doing
better...at least until the day I stole her pain pill medicine bottle!
Whew!  You probably heard her scream....NONO>>>BADFERRET!  I just ignored
her and took it to my hidey hole in the bathroom cause I knew that wasn't my
name!  She's now doing so good that she carefully get down on the floor by
crawling down the stairs backwards.  She helps me clean our cage, although
she tends to get things too clean so I wait until she's done and then
promptly poop in the corner, right next to the sand box!  She refills our
water and food.  While Brandy digs half the food back out...I steal the
bottle!  Mama had to get well in order to care for us correctly.  Our dad
was a big help but a mother's love has no bounds.  And no pain is hard
enough to keep a mother from her babies.

How could anybody after seeing Foggy swim (and seeing his handicaps) even
think of feeling bad?  Foggy deserves a GOLD medal for deep water diving!
There will be a Golden Halo waiting for him at the Rainbow bridge also.  Of
that I am sure.  All of us should learn from Foggy.  Where there is a will,
there is a way.  And nobody is as bad off as someone else.  We all need to
be reminded of things like that.  What made Dayna take Foggy that day?  Only
GOD knows that answer.  There is no wondering why Foggy came into Dayna's
life...but then she's got a heart of Gold also!  May GOD bless you both for
doing such a wonderful deed!

And yes...Dayna...the little frantic 911 call for the limp and lifeless
ferret.......you suggested it be tickled.  How well our mama knows those
first few days with our big sister, Samantha.  She slept so soundly that for
weeks and weeks mama said she kept waking her up, only to get a yawning
glare from her and a new but farther away position.  For some reason she
said she was the same way with her human child when she was a baby also.
But now, 5 other ferrets later...and still going strong..... just reading a
story like that makes her laugh.  Sure glad to see you writing them again as
I myself, missed you!

And now for some wedding input........we forgot...what date is it set for?
<<Weazer here, king of cooooool, sultan of sssssssswing and the jazziest
ferret in domestica!  Me an' da boys (L.S.  - Lightnin'Paws, White Fang -
"Doc", and Nikita the "axeman") would be happy to play this gig for Rosie an
Maxie.  We are the FERRET-TONES!!!!>>  Sounds pretty cool to us for sure!
There should always be a lively band at a wedding reception.

The new drink with the Frozen yogurt stuff is absolutly PEACHY...or was that
peach flavored..oh well it was great and we loved it!  Only Lobo got a
little pushy and lapped up the rest that we left.  Should be served at the
wedding for sure!  It was even a nice Rosie color.

And then there is......<<Bartending Ace......(Special Agent) Raiden here>>
Sounds like he'll fit that job too.  We found a spare bottle of Ferretone
that our mama tried to hide from us...or did we hide it from her?  She's
always saying ....."Wait!....that's enough!  I, Rascal, being the strongest
can drag it away.  You can never be too careful when it comes to midnight
snacks.

And can we make a suggestion for the buffet line.........peanut buttered
raisins and apple cinnamon cherrios.  You should have some fresh fruit there
also.  There is going to be food, isn't there?  Gosh!  The thought of no
extra treats scares me bad!  How will we all survive?  Otherwise we are all
going to be getting a touch drunk on those ferretone-yogurt things.  You
better serve them in plastic champagne glasses also cause none of us are
very careful when stealing anything to drink!

Gosh...at the rate things are going ...this is going to be the Bestest
society wedding ever!  So Rosie, Maxie, Tater and Odie....what do you guys
think?  We are all getting so excited!

Now on to more important things like...
To: "F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: How the ferret got named
Are you trying to tell us that we are related to the queen of the Nile?  Or
to a crook?  Well, even our cousins in Eqypt knew the art of mastering....
the rules of FLO!  Very interesting for sure.

Gotta go to our cage now for a nap before our Dad gets home from work. He's
always tired and crabby and we've been out playing most of the day today. I
guess we all could use a little bit of rest!

Goodnight from the gang.......
Brandy (always running cause there's just too much too do, and so little
       time to do it!)
Rascal (the kissy-faced lover boy)
Lobo (our Guard Wolf)
and their mama too!