From:
"Nancy J. Donnelly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 23:17:11 -0500
I would like to respond to Deanna, who received a very sarcastic reply from
one FLM member about the possibility of having to get rid of her ferrets,
and how she should have "been responsible and planned ahead" before she got
her pets.

Some people, unfortunately, can be rather pompous asses.  I apologize for
that person.

We ran into the same thing when my son called Akita rescue to find a good
home for his dog.  He loved that dog more than life, but after trying every
imaginable means to keep her, she had to go.  He got nothing but a very
nasty lecture from the Akita rescue person referred to him by the NET.  He
had just lost his wife, his home, and a child.  He should not have been
subjected to such a tirade, nor should he have had to explain his very
personal tragedies.  His dog received nothing but the best of care, even
when my son didn't even have the money to feed himself.  He still owes
$20,000 in medical bills for his daughter, now deceased.

Cruelty to humans should be as important as cruelty to animals, don't you
think?

Now it comes to $.04

Nancy