From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:14:45 -0400
We HAD a Bissel Proheat but it broke just outside warranty by a few
months.  We paid to have it checked and it is one small shaft that broke,
but to replace that shaft means that we would have to buy the entire
assembly if fits into ($180) and pay $50/hour labor.  Obviously, we are
not overly wild about buying that again (unless we learn that our's was
unusual in which case we can scavenge the old one for parts).

We have two questions that we need answered:

1. Do you have a LONG-LIVED carpet cleaning machine?  If so, which one?
Maker?  Model name or number?  Do you recall the years of survival
number to tell us?

2. Can it be used with just water?  With our allergies and with not all
cleaning compounds being optimally safe for ferrets we prefer to use
just steam and before and after we can use the canned carpet cleaners
that we know are safe enough that our vet uses them.