From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:21:49 -0700
My 5 yr old female is having adrenal surgery next week at a different
clinic/different vet/different town then we get normal care at.  My vet is
ok for normal stuff but I wasn't comfortable with his experience adrenal
surgery wise.

So when I go Tuesday morning she will get an exam and surgery all in the
same day.  During the exam I want to make sure I cover all the options
with the vet - (1) what's your plan if the tumors involve the vena cava?
and (2) are you going to take a look at the pancreas and spleen while your
in there?  are all I've come up with.  What else should I be asking and
also what should I be looking for in terms of answers?  Anything specific
to look for in terms of post operative care and meds?

Mary

P.S.  Her Univ. of Tenn adrenal panel came back positive.  Someone who
owned a ferret called Dash posted last week or the week before and was
talking about roaning etc.  Giesela has been roaning from an early age.
This past year or so she practically turned white.  She never had the
greatest coat so the slow overall thinning and shortening of the hairs
really didn't sink in.  Then her nipples became noticeable and she got a
small bald spot above her tail.  While those are the two only "normal"
symptoms I believe she may have had the disease for awhile more or less
asymptomatically other than the roaning and slight thinning of her coat.

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;
even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other;
yea they have all one breath;
so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:
for all is vanity. "
Ecclesiastes 3:19