From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:35:15 -0400
I'm a bit Con-Fuzzled here.  We have what are presumed to be a list being
mailed to about 3,000 people (presumeably mostly adults), yet we see all
sorts of very un-adult-like behavior coming from these people.  First,
someone makes a snide comment, or posts something that someone else doesn't
like.  Then, in a flash of heat, anger, nuclear reaction and a little bit
of rage, a dozen people pound out a response to that post, telling how much
they didn't like it.  Hasn't anyone ever heard of the method of ignoring
something until it goes away?  Don't use the excuse that someone less
knowledgeable might read it.  We aren't defenders of the good and champions
of down-trodden!  If you don't like what you are reading, tap the Page Down
key and get on with your life!  There are many posts on the FML that I
choose not to read.  The contain all manner of things that I would rather
not deal with, or that I disagree strongly with.  As a result, about half
of the FML goes unread by me, each day.  However, you will note few, if
any, nasty, acid-laced, cyanide impregnated, explosives-booby-trapped
statements from me, do you?  If it offends you, you are not REQUIRED to
look.  Just Page Down and look for something more interesting.

For those of you that haven't written in a long time, but choose to respond
in a hot and derisive manner...don't.  You aren't proving anything and it
only amuses those that do these sorts of things.  Let's remember...this
is a FERRET MAILING LIST, not a nasty, back-biting, face scratching,
ankle-kicking pre-school playground!  Let's show some maturity, even if we
aren't all that mature!  After all, our fuzzies might be watching!

Todd and the (Quick...the dictionary...I wanna know what he just said!)
Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
"users.success.net/toddl/"

[Moderator's note: I disagree with your description of the FML.  This is
one of the most civilized lists I know, actually -- certainly for a list
of this size anyhow.

I think people responding to posts they don't agree with is a GOOD thing
since we all learn from hearing multiple sides of an issue.  Sometimes it
gets a little heated, sure -- we all love our ferrets and have strong
opinions.  But that's the point -- we all love our ferrets!  And if things
start getting OVER-heated, action is indeed taken.  (I'm lucky enough to
have subscribers such as yourself who steer me in the right direction if
I'm acting dense :-).  Comments are always appreciated.)  BIG]