From:
Wes Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 15:46:38 -0800
Hi.  My name is Wes, and I'm a ferret parent.  ;-)

I have been eaves dropping here for most of a week now.  I accessed the
FAQ's, contacted Pam G.  and a couple of others, and generally nosed around
the http sites.

It has really been enlightening.  I live in S. E. Wash. state and with
exception of a couple of locals thought that I was alone in my enthusiasm
for these carpet sharks.  Even that term was a new one.

Other new terms include dook, and war dance?  Thanks Melissa, that is a
perfect description of what I have observed!

I currently have just one ferret by the name of Rascal.  She is a _dark_
choclate brown.  So dark in fact that the people we got her from had
named her Mammy.  She's so full of ____ and vinegar that I changed her
name.  Rascal is my second.  I lost the first to old age about 6 months
ago.  A white one named Jinx.

Their personalities could not have been more different.  Jinx was blind and
very subdued.  Once I realized why she was so quiet, we didn't even move
funiture around so she wouldn't get disoriented.  I inherited Jinx from our
daughter.  Once hooked it's difficult to quit.  :-)

Rascal is, well, a handful.  But as I've learned in the last few days, she's
quite normal.  As a result, my wife does not share my enthusiasm but is
tolerant.  Of course her toes are the ones that get attacked and the
resulting shrieks seem to give Rascal no end of joy.  (My wife is a very
jumpy person so this can be very entertaining.) I have yet to be able to
catch Rascal soon enough after one of these to reward her.

Our other pets include a shepherd named Gretchen, two Cockateels - Spike and
Sunny, and a cat name Beau.  Oh, two grown offspring, Jennifer and James.

One question for the group and I'll shut up.  Are there any organized
groups in or near Washinton?

Thanks for your tolerance, and I'll have a home page one of these days
with a shot or two of the menagery.

Wes Woods and Rascal
Whitman College Computer Services
Walla Walla, WA