From:
kimberly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:53:21 -0800
Hello everyone,

My name is Kimberly and I am owned by 3 wonderful ferrets.  I don't post
very often but need to vent.  I am feeling very frustrated with other
ferret owners in California.  I live in Pittsburg (about 15 minutes from
Walnut Creek)  I am 26, work full time, take a college class one night a
week, have my fuzzies to take care, try to still have a social life and
I feel like I'm also trying to legalize ferrets full time with almost no
help.  I really think that we have a chance this time if people get off
their asses and do something.  Newsflash to everyone who doesn't know
SB 89, the ferret legalization bill that has been in the suspense file
is about to come out in April/May and will go to the assembly park and
wildlife committee to be voted on.  The chairman of that committee is
Joseph Canciamilla who represents district 11 which is mainly Contra
Costa County.  Well he doesn't think ferrets are an issue and that it
effects the people in his area that vote him into office.  I have printed
letters that people must just fill out at the bottom their name and
address.  I have sent these letters with both of my moms to their work to
get people to sign, I have taken them to my work, and on weekends I spend
my beautiful days in font of pet stores trying to get signatures.  So
tonight I call some lady that is on a list of ferret people, the lady is
totally rude, doesn't have time to talk to me now and doesn't want to
talk to me later, would just rather look on the internet to see what's
going on and would not be interested in helping.  If I could have leaped
through the phone and slapped her.  I am involved with multiple ferret
organizations, my cell phone number is on the web for people to call at
any time and I am sooooo tired of people not wanting to get involved or
do a damn thing but then their ferret gets seized and their crying to me.

PEOPLE the law is not going to change on its own, we have to work to
change it.  I have been fighting this stupid law for over 8 years, and I
keep on fighting.  If you own ferrets in California it is your duty to
try to legalize them.  How would you feel if your ferret was taken from
you?  And guess what it can happen to you.  NEWSFLASH, most of the people
who have been fighting this for years are getting tired including Jeanne,
which is exactly what the CA DG&G wants.  So stop being in the closet and
get out and get involved.  Your ferret is depending on you!!!  If anyone
lives in the bay area and is interested in helping me PLEASE email me or
call me at (925)783-0767.

I know this was long and I'm sorry but I'm pist at everyone who does
nothing and waits for others to take care of it.