Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:06:56 -0400
I haven't posted in quite a while, but I did post back in the spring
asking if anyone knew how to get a good print of a ferret's paw as I
wanted to get my ferret's prints tattooed.  I got a couple responses,
but one individual had ferret paw prints tattooed on her foot.  I lost
her email address and I don't remember her name, but thanks again.  I
finally went through with it and got my little girl's prints done on my
chest....right above my heart as she will always have a piece of it.
Amber is 8 years old now with adrenal and insulinoma.  I am not sure how
much longer I have with her, but her little footprints will be with me
forever.  You can see them (though the pic is a tad blurry) at
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/kedda/amberprints.jpg

I also got a tattoo of a ferret last summer and never got around to
posting it, so if anyone wants to see that one, it is at
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/kedda/legtat.jpg

That particular tattoo wasn't of one of my own ferrets as I got it done
while vacationing in New Hampshire and did not have any ferret pictures
with me, but I found a fine line artist, adn I bought a ferret book and
showed her 3 different pictures...one for coloring, one for pose, and
one for the tail.  I think she did a really good job for someone who had
never done a ferret before.  The picture makes it look really yellow, but
it isn't that yellow in person.

So if anyone is wondering how I got the prints, it was with a non-toxic
ink pad and a lot of paper...it was a challenge getting a really clear
print...and I washed her paws thoroughly with soapy water to get rid of
any remnants.  I had the same tattoo artist do the paws that did the
ferret on my leg last summer.

Sincerely,
Kelly White
Southampton, MA