From:
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:53:55 EDT
Hi to all.  Its been very hectic here at the 24 Carat Ferret Shelter.  We
have taken in 209 ferrets this year and have 130 at the shelter at this
time.  We are always looking for ways to raise much needed funds for vet
bills and food and litter.  Right now we are having a Beanie adoptathon
being held by Julie Brown.  She has donation all the beanies and all the
proceeds will go to our shelter and The Ferret Aid Society run by Randy
Belair in Canada.  Many moons ago when I was just starting out Randy held
an on line auction and donated 1/2 of the money to our shelter.  So now
we are helping her in her time of need.  Randy is facing hard times right
now as many shelters are and she believed in me so many years ago that it
is an honor to help her now.  This is all made possible by Julie's
generous donation of the beanies.  Julie has always help our shelter and
now agreed to let me split the proceeds from this fundraiser with Randy.
So by adopting a beanie or two or three you will help 2 shelters.  Also
any donations sent with the adoptions will be split evenly also.

This will run from now until September 15th.  So now is the time to get
those Christmas presents, or buy some to donate to another shelter for
fundraising and help 3 shelters!!  Its a win win situation.

Visit the 24 Carat website and click on the Adoptathon link to take you
to the site.  The pics of all the beanies are worth a few laughs!!
The site is: http://geocities.com/a_24k_ferret/

There is also an e bay auction for a brand new Prada luggage bag donated
by Ingred my right hand pooper scooper person:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3427013813
The proceeds from this auction will go to our vet bill which is over
$1200 at this time.

This would make a great gift or donation to a shelter for a fundraiser.
We will also be putting up some great ferret stuff on ebay next week.  I
know there are so many ferrets needing help right now, your donations to
our fundraisers will help the 130 here right now.

As I was typing this I got a call from a woman who has the 3 ferrets I
have been worrying about for months.  I got 4 from a home earlier this
year and Bobo had been flung against a wall by his front legs.  He
suffered damaged and couldn't use his front legs for months.  He is fully
recovered now and him and his 3 cagemates are ready for a new loving
home.  So anyway, there were 3 more ferrets but I couldn't locate them,
the owners moved and changed numbers.  The woman who called me is the
abusers x and she has the 3 ferrets, they are abused also and are biting.
She hasn't the time to care for them but got them away from the monster
and will be bringing them to me tomorrow.  They will be loved and cared
for here until they are ready for a new home.

Thanks for all your support,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Las Vegas, NV.