From:
Mike Davison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1993 07:12:32 -0400
Pancreatic Hyperplasia?

        The vet called yesterday to tell us the results of Peanuts tumor
biopsies.  Turns out the tumor in the pancreas was neither benign or
malignant.  He said it was hyperplasia, and that it could return.  We go
back today to have the stitches removed from her stomach and continue to
wean her from the Prednisolone.

        What do you do if it returns?  The pancreas is a finite thing,
and you can't keep cutting out bits and pieces every time your blood
sugar goes nuts.

        Is the weight loss characteristic of an insulinoma?  Would someone
produce a list for me of things that could happen, things we should
watch for, should the insulinoma return?

Thanks a mil

michelle