From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:00:42 EDT
Bad day for us here. Travis, a sweet older guy that came from the OR
Ferret Shelter decided to head for the Rainbow Bridge. When we took him
to the vet, we decided that Dax should accompany him. She had lymphoma
and I was to take her to the vet the day of the tsunami. I've been
putting it off and felt it was time. The night before the tsunami I
talked with Dax about the Bridge and told her that her whole group
would be waiting for her. Dax had the most beautiful face in all of
ferretdom and was only 4 years old but the hideous lymphoma was sucking
the life out of her. She was not a kissy ferret but that night covered
my face in kisses. When I held her today, she did the same thing. She
was ready to join all of her friends that she had been missing. She
only had Tiki to play with from another group because she didn't want
any new friends. I will let Tyki say goodbye tomorrow before we bury
her in the rose garden. I really believe that Travis knew I was having
a hard time with the decision about Dax so decided to force the issue
by leaving too.

Travis was such a special guy that loved all people and all ferrets.
When Stewie came here, Travis insisted that he join his group,
overwhelming him with kisses and grooming and then was joined by the
rest of his group. Poor big Stewie tried to hide from 7 adoring,
kissing, grooming ferrets but had no luck. They all followed him into a
hammock, pinned him down and thoroughly cleaned him. He was 3 times the
size of any of them so it was quite comical. Stewie will miss his buddy
Travis, whose body is in with his cagemates tonight so that they can
all say goodbye.

Nancy and her 17, missing sweet Travis and beautiful Dax