From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:32:16 -0500
I am curious, about how everyone orally medicates their kiddies.

When I medicate my kiddies, some of them will lock their mouths closed.
While others will take their medications, without any problems. My
biggest problem is getting my kiddies to swallow a small pill, like
Melatonin, without spitting it out.

I use the small medication syringes, given to me by Doctor Thompson.
They dispense up to 1.0-ml, in 0.1-ml increments. When a kiddies gets
two medications, I use one syringe and mix the medications together.

In the case of Sweet Charity, I mix her four medications, in her first
daily assisted feeding together, in a children's 5.0-ml medication
dropper. Every other day, I give her 0.5-ml of Noni Juice. Also, every
other day, I give her one crushed (250-mg) tablet of PetSpan, on the
top of her kibble.

In the cases of Sneaker, Sprite and Tazzy, they lock their mouths
closed. To get past their locked mouths, I squirt a minute amount in
the back corners of their lips. When they attempt to spit out their
medications, I squirt the rest into their mouths, as soon as they are
opened.

In the case of Flurry McBite, she loves her two medications and does
not attempt to spit them out. For some reason, she loves the taste of
them.

Smiles,
Arlena
Ferrets Rule My World!
Owned By The Brat Pack And The Furo Mafia!
Every Ferret Has A Song And Dance!