From:
Trish Stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:17:15 -0400
I am fairly new to the FML.  I have been the mother to one Lil furrykid
aprox 9 years ago, who i had come home to find was stolen from his
outside cage *i lived in washingtonstate* in mid august.  He was my pride
and joy at just over 6 pounds.  I missed "Bear" a ton over the years.
I have always done reading and searching the papers for another to fill
his place.

Augst 8th of 2004, My husband took me to a store and Low and behold i saw
2 kits, one was Extremely dark in color the other was a beautiful Sable
boy just like "BEar".  I held them both for a while the Darker boy was a
bad biter, knowing how kits can be that didn't raise my eyebrows any.How
ever this sable boy, something about him I kept being drawn to him, Last
time i picked him up before my husband said time to choose do you want
one or not he did something My Bear always did.  He tried to curl up and
snuggle to my neck.  That as the clincher I told my husband this one
comes home.  He was 7weeks old at that time.  I named him Maenion *sounds
like Main-eon * my husband and a Dragon Name generator can be thanked for
his unique name.

He has been a constant love in my life this last year.  We moved 2 days
after buying him to Oklahoma from Florida.  He rode in the cab of the
uhaul the whole way.  either in a pet carrier or a backpack style purse
bought to take him in places when we left the uhual for what ever reason.
He was eating 8 in 1 ferret chow then, and untill about 2 months ago was
still eating it.  I recently put my cats on purina indoor formula , and
my pups on Kibbles n bits.

Now Maenion refuses to eat any ferret chow.  THis lil town has no petco
or petsmart..  only a pet store who will sell nothing but marshall's pet
food.  This food he too refuses.  2 vet's i have talked to one who
specializes in small exotics and one who is justa generalized vet both
say if he gets his ferretone and is showing no adverse effects of the
cat food not to worry.  he eats many things besides the cat food like,
some beef, and poultry, along with raisins, Oh my he loves his raisins.

I am opening my home to any ferrets here localy and in Oklahoma who
can get to me in Enid Oklahoma.  Would like some suggestions on foods.
I may have to order offline bc this town is not good on ferret chow
selections.

Thanks for yourtime,

Trish *mom to maenion*