From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:32:46 -0400
Bill Killian wrote:
>Yup.  Now implement a system on that large a scale.  The paperwork if
>burdensome will NOT get done.  Its a major issue in designing software and
>other systems.  The larger the scope the more paperwork and the more cost.
>Pet stores can not afford computer systems nor extra people dedicated to
>this kind of tracking; at least not without passing the cost on to us the
>consumer.  The pet industry especially at the reatil level is very
>competitive and cost sensitive.  Proposing Marshall do all of this work and
>sticking the pet stores with all of this work is very nice but naive.
>Unless we as ferret owners do it it will not get done.

***Geez, for a moment you really had me going there!  I didn't realize you
were kidding about all this and actually contacted PET SUPERMARKETS to find
out how they managed this amazing feat.  LOL

For those that are interested on how they KNOW they are MF ferrets FIFTY
STORES IN ALL here's how it goes:

PET SUPERMARKET(s) use Quality Tropical, which THEY OWN, and this is their
point of distribution to all 50 stores at 6-8 a pop every drop right out of
the box.  Quality Tropical orders and receives directly from Marshall and
uses no other breeders, suppliers, or brokers for ferrets then distributes
them critters to all fifty stores.  They arrive at each of the stores at
about 5-6 weeks old.  All bona fide, certified, even coupons for MF
products, and completely unconfused!  Couldn't be simpler.  You got me this
time, Bill.  Or should we really start worrying about all those satellites
up there???  LOL

See what I mean about not using go-betweens and finding accountable sources?

best wishes,
(a little chagrined)
alphachi