Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:58:41 +1000
>No, thank YOU Shona for pointing out what I've suspected all along.
>You DON'T know.  You don't know that it IS safe.  None of you do.

Ideally no-one would give out information that has not been proven beyond
reasonable doubt, but this isn't how the real world works.

Many vets, clubs and individuals advise owners to feed kibble based only
on their anecdotal evidence that it doesn't harm them.  There is no
evidence that kibble is better than a natural diet.

Many drugs are given off label to ferrets based only on anecdotal
evidence.

Should everyone stop giving out advise unless it is absolutely proven?

One of the benefits of large communities such as this is sharing
information.  Poster can advise when they have evidence (either
anecdotal, studies, etc) so that other owners may take this into
account in their decision making.

So far I have yet to read anything that suggests 24 hours without food
in harmful to a healthy ferret.

shona