Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:23:31 EDT
Wow, I had no ideal how many furry Animals Sandi had at her store and
at her house!  I will agree with her its wonderful we have places like
Sandi's that people can drop off their furries after they have lost
interest in them or they come down sick!  I also have been at her place
when she had a Prairie Dog also turned into her shelter when I was there.
I will agree Sandi does a lot for these poor animals.  So do many other
people in the Washington Ferret Community and they don't consider
themselves shelters.

Yes, Sandi is right I am no longer on the board of directors, I resigned
a couple of months ago after they moved to Bothell.  When the WFRS
started it was I and two other people that did most of the work at the
shelter.  As it grew larger we continued to get more volunteers to come
in and clean, and help with the shelter.  Thanks to the new volunteers,
and of course the most wonderful person in the World, Liane Beckwith, we
now have a beautiful shelter in Bothell.  Sandi is right I have no ideal
how Sandi and Liane are working between the shelters and I have a feeling
that many of the new board members don't know either!  When I called one
of the Board members Saturday to let him know about the verbal abusive
email that Sandi sent me and to let him know that she had said some of
those l5 ferrets came from her store, he didn't even know that.  It's
wonderful that Liane and Sandi can work together for the benefit the
ferrets.  It's so sad when shelters have to fight between themselves and
the animals are the ones that loose out because of it.

Charleen and the Wa. Tails