From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1992 21:32:32 -0400
Hey Chris, could you anon this please? thanks!

I have a question about ferret scents. I have a ferret of 4 1/2 months who
came with papers saying she was descented. However, she has a musky scent
about her body that isn't so overwhelming when you hold her but which has
steadily permeated my room. No air fresheners or odor eaters or vacuuming
or incense or leaving windows open help for long. I do not believe that she
is stressed (I hear that ferrets emit odor more when stressed). Is it pos-
sible that she was not descented as advertised? Or do ferrets simply retain
some of their musk even if "descented?" If the latter, how have others dealt
with combatting odor?

[Even when descented, most ferrets still have an odor.  Giving her a bath
periodically usually helps.]

Also - how does one interest ferrets in confining their bathroom-going to cer-
tain corners? I have a litterbox in one area, and newspapers on the floor in
two of her favorite other corners, but she seems to like lots of corners and
shows NO interest in using the litter shavings provided to cover her leavings.

And what veggies do peoples ferrets enjoy? So far, she hasn't really gone for
any of the ones I've left out for her. I'd like to get some variety in her diet
- so far it's primarily been IAMS or SCIENCE DIET Kitten food.

Thanks a bunch!