From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:06:58 -0800
Hi Folks!

Today's FML was a little disappointing.  I read a response from one of my
favorite shelter operators, to another of my favorite shelter operators
that just plain bodes ill.

I can see where Kim is coming from, especially considering the stuff she
has been put through recently, the accusations, etc.  If I had been put
through that, I would have a tendancy toward defensiveness too.  And I will
say Randy could have a been a bit more diplomatic, but considering what HE
is going through right now, I think we should give him a little room for
unintentionally snippy comments, things which he will regret having said
the way he said them once the stress is gone.

Fact is, it does no one any good to have two of the most impressive ferret
shelter operators on this list bickering over something so petty.  And no,
I don't think the allergies issue is petty, but that isn't what you are
bickering over.  Randy already said he was wrong.  The bickering is just
over the bickering.  That type of fight will never be won, and will
eventually lead to only more hard feelings and alienation, and none of us
want that.

I did read something that made me smile!  Congrats to Kim and Stan on the
inspection!  I LOVE it when pure and simple integrity and good, hard work
wins the fight!  Not much anyone can say about you now, is there?

But, Randy is in trouble.  This is the time we should all be standing up
behind our comrad and helping him fight, not splitting off into segments
and fighting against him about who said what, and what they really should
have said, and how they should have said it.

So I say, Randy, from a third party vantage point, I think you should
apologize for being snippy.  Everyone else, so he was wrong, ok.  So he
was a little jerky, ok.  Everyone handles stress differently, lets give
him the benefit of the doubt.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets have a party to celebrate Kim's
victory, and then after a few drinks we can sit down and plan an attack for
Randy?