From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:06:34 EDT
>I have a lil girl that has an Ulser..and she is on meds but the one med
>for the acid in her tummy..she HATES IT!!  I mean she can taste it throu
>EVERYTHING..I have tried chicken gravy...ferretvite..laxatone..and she
>gags when she smells it..she leaves me with war wounds and pees ALL over
>me or the table..the med is called...<CIMETADINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL SOLN>

Hi Robin ~

Cimetadine is a generic for Tagamet, an acid reducer.  However there
are other drugs in that class.  There is Ranitidine which is the generic
for Zantac, and Famotidine which is generic for Pepcid.  In the natural
health field we use ground up cucumbers and the juice to do the same
thing.  Of course you should see if your ferret likes cukes.  It may be
as simple as asking your vet to switch to one of the other generics.

In natural medicine we seek to find the "origin" of illness.  So looking
for the cause of her ulcer and trying to deal with that may be the best
approach.

Hope this helps!

Warmly ~
Mary L. Conley, ND