From:
Richard Nixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:57:22 -0400
Hi all, I saw this post and was laughing so hard I think my neighbors might
have called the cops!

>Can anyone out there tell me when a kit stops growing and has reached the
>size it will stay for the remainder of its life?  I have a 9 week old
>ferret that I got when he was only 6 weeks old and I am here to tell you
>that he has almost tripled in size!  He keeps growing and growing and
>GROWING.  I have only had one other ferret that was a kit as all my others
>were "throw-aways" so I am not familiar with this phenomenon.  He is a
>darling boy and eats like a hog but he is not fat.  Just big.

First, I don't really remember when they stop growing--6 months?  Just a
guess.  What I thought was absolutely funny, was the thought of not having
the responsibility of owning a ferret who eats like a hog!  As we all know,
the mathematical formula for input versus output of a ferret's digestive
tract is: 10 log Vi/R1*R2, or in layman's terms, the output is
approximately 20 times greater than that of what went in, and with an
adjusted exponential increase of said output during play time, of course.

Dooks to all,
Chris