Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:51:48 -0400
Its with more than a heavy heart to say my baby, scooter who was
diagnosed with cardiomyopathy last september, and also had a huge
spleen, slipped away early saturday afternoon... my life is over as far
as I'm concerned, I have nothing, nobody,scooter was my whole world....

ironic that it was his spleen that burst, and killed him, and not his
heart disease. Scooter turned 6yrs old on june 5th, and Although
scooter would not have been a candidate for surgery to have removed his
spleen, due to his heart., it has to be said that I was not given any
options, due to his so called treating vet dr. "X" [name removed by
agreement with poster. BIG].... I don't care how unprofessional it is
to mension her name, if I can save someone the loss of their pet, its
worth it... my life is over.... I ask you what on gods green earth,
would cause a vet who you've seen for over a year, to not in scooters
final week, not call back, not answer my emails, and now not even the
decensy to aknowledge his death? PLEASE.,someone help me to understand
this!!!! I received one nasty email from her 3 days before his death,
in which her exact words were, NOT THAT ITS ANY OF YOUR BUISNESS,DEB,
BUT I HAVE MY OWN ISSUES AND CAN'T BE AVAILABLE LIKE I USED TO BE. That
being said after 15 plus emails, phone calls ect., I actually caught
her in a lie, which I won't get into... shouldn't she have let me know
this? And to tell me to seek out another vet??? The night before he
died I begged her for a phone call, email, anything, I got zero... and
yes for the record scooter was at more emergency hospitals than you
can imagine, and most who don't specialize in ferrets, would say, why
isn't your treating vet seeing you through this? Of coarse with his
cardiomyopathy, he has a treating vet? of coarse, only she has shut
me out, but why shut out my scooter?

I'm devastated, and I'm in total shock and denial, as he is still
in his bed, untill I have him cremeated tomorow..... I'm sick to my
stomach.... although I've lost my share of pets in the past, scooter
was my child, the child I never had, and the bond was incredible to
say the least...I'm on disability live alone and at home with him
constantly, or at least I used to be....

avoid this person.,for all else the love of your ferret......

--aliano

[Moderator's note: Bridge Greeters: Deb has requested a greeting,
though the request isn't in her post. BIG]