Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:15:06 -0500
Hello CA UPDATE folks,

In the last few weeks, CFL has been extremely busy with mailings to almost
400 pet stores and veterinarians offices throughought the state as well as
every contact that we and Ferrets Anonymous have in the dozen districts of
the members of the Water, Parks and Wildlife, whose position on AB 363 is
unknown to us.  It is imperative that these people know that their
representatives are the key to getting AB 363 on to the Assembly floor.

Anyone who is a contact or member of CDFA, or who knows a member or contact
of CDFA should realize that they may be in the dark on legalization
information.  Please contact us by phone or e-mail to be included in this
state-wide effort.  If you have a friend or acquaintance who is only
receiving information from CDFA, you must tell them to contact Californians
for Ferret Legalization so they can be kept up to date and can have a chance
to positively effect our chances for passage this year.

A whopping big thank you is due to the following volunteers for this mailing
and other recent mailings to the Farm Bureaus of California.  The following
ferret enthusiasts deserve the Moosephat Merit Award:

Amy U., Chuck L., Debbie A., Doreen R., Margaret W., Marion H., and Shelly B.
 Please forgive me if I've forgotten anyone.  All the support and enthusiasm
for this effort that most folks have shown is terrific.  If any of you are
coming to the Ferret Roundup, please come by the booth to say hello.

Our hearing date is set for 4/15.  Jan's office is orchestrating the
testimony so we'll keep you posted of the developments.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www. ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/lobby.html
CA!LIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER AND STATE SENATOR BY
VISITING THIS SITE!!  IT'S TIME TO CALL AND WRITE THEM TO CO-AUTHOR THE
FERRET BILL, SO ACT NOW!

For pure ferret fun, check out http://www.ferretcalendar.com