From:
Steve McMall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 06:50:34 -0500
I know there have been posts in the past on ants.  I only skimmed them
before, and will search the archives tonight, when I have more time.  If
any of you who posted received helpful info, please share it.

We have been having a problem with ants.  The final straw was this morning,
when I pulled a blouse out of the closet and had to shake about 3 dozen
ants off of it!!  We have put dursban and diazanon outside around the
house, but have been reluctant to use anything inside.  I have used Raid
on the counters occasionally where no ferret can go.  I will call an
exterminator tomorrow unles anyone of you knows a miracle cure that won't
be harmful to pets.

We found a couple of bloody stools yesterday.  One was a tar-like
substance, the other obvious bloody diarrhea ( you could see the color on
the side of the box).  As both boxes we outside the cages, we needed to
determine who had a problem before we could take him or her to the vet.
Although we watched carefully, there was not another bloody or funny
looking stool (other that an occasional bit of mucous).  Is one bad
incident something to worry about?  What could cause bloody stools?  I
searched the web (IE: ferretcentral, TFL, Am Ferret Ass, ect).  Most info
said wait 24 hours and see if it would pass before rushing to the vet.

Thanks for reading, Becky and Steve and 6 fuzzy balls of trouble