From:
jeffrey hopko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:09:32 -0800
Somewhat good news about Clyde from my vet who does exotics.  Slight
fever (< 1 degree above norm), and no internal obstructions or
tumors/growths by palpation.  Amoxicillin 2x a day is all that was given.

The vet seems to think he may have gotten into 'something' but all it
could be is adult cat food.  Does anyone have an opinion on ferrets
occasionally consuming specialized cat food such as 'urinary tract
health' or other 'adult' dry cat food?  I discussed this with my vet
and he was unconcerned as these are not their primary foods.

I recall during earlier heroic efforts with ferrets that proper hydration
can be roughly measured by elasticity of the neck skin; could someone
confirm/deny this?

Clyde is a sable, but his nose seems slightly darker than usual.  Could
this be a symptom of something else, or just his recent bowel trauma?

Please post here or respond directly to [log in to unmask]

Thank You all.