From:
"all yr weezils r belong to us." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:11:13 -0700
hi--my name is kat, and i live in sarasota, florida, with my boy, chris,
our 7 (for the moment, heh) ferrets, 3 cats, 9 rats, 5 mice, and 4
hedgehogs.  not all of the critters are actually ours, but such is the
fate of a sucker for fuzzy cute things...

i just recently started a list for florida ferrets and their owners, so
if anyone's interested, they can sign up at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/floridaferrets .

i have taken zillah to campus and class with me, and chris and i took
zillah and loki to a picnic for his workplace recently as well.  they love
it.  never let them out of quick-catching range outside, though, and always
be cautious when introducing them to new people--some people will become
unreasonably upset about even the slightest nip, and in some states, they
can legally have your fuzzy euthanized, even if it doesn't break the skin,
and even if its shots are current.

about the neat ideas cubes:

Sharonkay wrote:
>Has anyone used these cube panels to make a ferret cage?  I was wondering
>about the size of the openings, though I don't believe they

i have a partially assembled cage i started to make out of the NIC panels
for my ferrets.  it's unfinished because, while the openings are small
enough to contain most decent-sized adult ferrets, they are certainly not
large enough to contain my very small adult female, zillah, nor would they
contain a kit.  a small adult might be able to get its head stuck in the
openings, as well.  so i would only use the cage for large adult ferrets.

now i just have to figure out what to do with all those panels i ordered!

hope that helps, and hello to all!

-kat, chris, and the mafioso mustelids (Jack, Wolf, Loki,
Zillah, Sid, Scuff, and Paisley Biscuithead)