From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:04:47 -0800
CJ and everyone else,

Make that at least 3 first hand experiences.  CJ's two and my one.

My O'Dell is an adoptee.  The young man posted right here on this list,
was from Omaha, NE, asking for help finding a home for his O'Dell.

He was moving to CA.  Transfered there with his job.  Didn't know anyone
there, and was moving into an apartment with someone he didn't know who
also worked for his company.  He didn't know how this person would react
to a ferret, and didn't want to put O'Dell in a dangerous situation.

When I went to Omaha to pick O'Dell up, his daddy cried.  He still emails
me on occasion to find out how O'Dell is doing, whats going on in his
life, etc.  He loved his boy, and rather than subject him to a move across
country which might result in any number of less than ideal circumstances,
from O'Dell being siezed to him being given to a shelter for safe keeping,
etc., Shaman gave O'Dell to me.

I know Shaman misses his boy.  I know O'Dell misses Shaman.  He is still,
after so long, almost a year now, distant from me.  He is affectionate
with my boyfriend and with two of the other ferrets.  He tolerates the
rest of us.  And he still sleeps in one of the shirts Shaman sent alont
with us to remind O'Dell of home.

Add Shaman and O'Dell to the list, CJ.

Melissa Barnes
Mira, Tasha, Robin, Samurai, Nietzsche and O'Dell
Missing Cael and Booboo always