From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:27:38 -0500
Hello everyone, I am new to the FML and I absolutely love the support,
compassion and information this has to offer on ferrets. I would like to
introduce myself.

I live in North Dakota and am a proud new owner of my 10 week old male
sable, Tango.  This is my first and I am a newbie at everything there is to
learn about them.  I must have printed hundreds of pages off the internet
on care, diseases, etc.  and am still learning so much.  I was feeling a
little guilty for leaving him home alone (even though I would play with him
before going to work & then again at lunch).  I told my husband that I
would love to have another playmate for him, so for Easter, he surprised me
with an adorable 6 week old white male, Crash.  We slowly tried introducing
them but Tango plays a bit too rough, the little one sure does bite back,
but for now, until he is a bit older, we will keep them separated.  (Tango
has been used to being by himself for a month).

I have a question, Tango has been healthy up until yesterday he gave me a
scare (i'm still learning about ECE).  I came home from lunch & noticed
that his stool was yellowish & very slimy.  I called my vet & he gave me
some suggestions, he also thought that Tango might be under a bit of
stress.  He seems to have a lot of energy and is still eating (didn't eat
much yesterday compared to usually).  At supper time his stool turned to
very runny & green.  This morning before going to work, his stool looked
much more solid & he was eating but I'm still worried.  Are these symptoms
of something just passing through his system or should I be taking him to
the vet ASAP?  I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks so much!
Tracy & Randy
Tango & Crash