From:
Pauline Peach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 05:16:17 -0400
I read the post about the blind ferret who does climb any more.I have a
6.5 yr old sprite named Splash, who is blind and still climbs up onto the
bed every chance she gets, Ever since she was a kit she had this wonderful
habit of asking to be picked up.  All my ferrets have always asked to
picked up by putting thier feet on my shin and looking up at me, but Splash
does things a little different.  When I put my hand down to pick her up,
she climbs part way up my arm and just kind of lays there waiting for the
ride up.  I was reading in MF magazine that you can train ferrets to do
this, but Splash has always done it on her own.  Sorry for rambling, just
wanted to say that she does still climb and doesn't mind being picked up,
so I guess it's kind of an individual thing.

The Peach, Squirt, and Splash