From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:12:12 EDT
I haven't posted for a very long time.  Its the time of year that ferrets
come into the shelter by the truck loads and its very busy here.  I've
been so tired that I have not had the energy to even sit at the computer,
lol.

But I wanted to thank, SOS, Julie A., and Marylou for the donations made
to our vet for the ferrets care, it couldn't have come at a better time.
Thanks to Kelly and Julie for the yard sale last month that raised almost
$700 for our vet bill.  As of yesterday out vet bill is $900 and Meadow
is in the hospital now.

Meadow is our sweet little princess of poop, she is paralyzed, she came
to our shelter at 5 months old and was already that way.  She is a high
maintenance little girl, but that's OK.  She is the Princess!

Well, the last few days she has not been wanting to eat and she is losing
weight.  So she went to the vet yesterday and will get BW and Rads done
to try to find out what is going on.  I told my vet, the wonderful Dr.
Kolmstetter that she needs to keep her until she gets her better, that
my Princess cannot die.  No pressure huh?

Meadow Soprano is our 3rd paralyzed ferret that we have had come in since
the shelter started in 1997.  Drag died at the age of 3, Slim died at
the age of 2 1/2.  All from complications stemming from the paralysis.
Meadow is approaching 2 and I'm getting very nervous about her.  Please
keep the Princess in your thoughts.  I really cannot bear the thought of
losing her.

some of our old timers are nearing the end and that is very hard for me,
I love them all so much.  Robin Tyson Jones 8yrs old, basically has no
heartbeat, but still eats drinks and fights with her sister.  Her meds
are maxed out, she has gone blind and is a bit senile.  Critter 9 1/2 yrs
old, same as Robin with the heart situation, but is slowing down more
everyday.  My precious Chyna Monkey, the 2 nd ferret I ever rescued, the
last of the original 4, she is one lasix and pred, low doses, but we
discovered a liver tumor.  Chyna will be 11 in November, she still gets
around but she has started to slow down quite a bit also.  Its breaking
my heart to see her not causing trouble and getting into everything.
These 3 wonderful ferrets, I fear they are getting close to leaving here
and meeting their friends at the rainbow bridge.  I am hoping not soon,
but I know its coming close to my having to say good-bye to my children.
Please keep them in your thoughts also if you could.

I guess the last think I need to say right now is that the wonderful Ed
and Sandy put up some e bay auctions to help with the medical bills,
please take a peek and hopefully you'll find something you want!

Thanks for all your time.
Take care,
CJ (tired and heartbroken)
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter