From:
J Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:54:20 -0400
As I had reported earlier Kodo is doing terrible.  Usually in the early
evening I open the cage and let them all out to roam about the house all
night and put them back during the day.  Kodo is so weak he can't move
well at all so he will stay in the cage where soft hammys are there as
well as his duck soup (which he won't eat but is there anyway) and has
water.

But today was extremely warm, over 90 here in Virginia.  I was out in
my back yard some and left the back door open.  Yup.  You know what
happened.  I let Byte-me out and she followed me to the puter room as
usual.  She got board and went to roam and I didn't clik in on what
happened for some time when I went out to get something to drink and
found the slider open.  ($)(*$^*)(&^@)(*&^)(*&#^) was the language I
can't print.

I was naked so closed the door and found some pants to go out searching.
I went down into the woods where she always tries to go when I let her
out but no luck.  They have a habit of following by the side of the house
so I circumnavigated the house but found nothing.  Going back down to the
woods I widened my search stopping to see if I could hear leaves being
russled, but nothing.  I went back to the upper patio where I had left
the gate open and of all things here comes Byte-me down the side walk
right where I had just gone!  I was so relieved as much as mad at myself
for being so lax.

Byte-me lay down on her side (an animal thing signaling she is sub to
me, a gesture common in dogs and wolves).  I picked her up and slammed
he into the cement with a forceful throw of all my might... Ha!  No....
I was so very glad to be able to find her so fast and picked her up
gingerly carrying he back inside to a treat of raisin.  Such a good girl
she is!  Gentle as a powder puff.

Well, am going to loose one, just would not be ready to handle both being
gone especially where the second would have been my fault.  So all is
well here at Aarrow Ranch, land of the horizontal forest, except for the
biter end coming for Kodo.  Life goes on.

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo