From:
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 20:50:06 -0700
>From:    Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My comments on shelter expenses
>I'm curious if the shelters with the highes expenses are those that were
>hit with ECE.

For what its worth us and at least some other shelters have had next to no
expenses due to ECE despite its hitting us in the past.  Some of us were
able to "nip in the bud" ECE and not let it get to our other ferrets.  But
we really don't want to have others find some reason to attack us over being
able to beat ECE.  Some shelter we do consider very good have had problems
in dealing with ECE.  Others haven't.

>From:    Agedog1 <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Yes we ARE OVER POPULATED
>Shelter Capacity 12
>Current Residents 23

Oh...  Guess some of us who have higher limits and more residents have a
different way of looking at it.  We have more than 23 right now.  But we
don't count "non-adoptables" as shelter residents.  If we can't place them
(now or in the future) they aren't in the shelter.

We know of a shelter that is feeling happy as can be now that she is done
to only some 40.

As we pointed out before its a matter of perspective.  We'll gladly trade
our shelter population for the FFIRC shelter population...  <grin>

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]