From:
Shannan Skitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:38:48 -0500
Hello & Happy January (if there is such a thing)!

I wanted to say a few words about the holidays just passed and I hope
you'll all bear with me as I thank a few people that really made a
difference in my life this year. Like many of you I've been through
some ups and downs this year, dealing with the long term illness of a
very special ferret and of course finding out that all my others are
also ill. Surgery, heartbreak, hope and stress have become an everyday
fact of life. It's hard and I know many of you are going through the
same thing because you've become my support system. When I'm sooo tired
and don't think I can do one more 2 am feeding (and still make it up
for 6am feedings) there is someone there to listen, to understand and
tell me I'm not crazy for doing this for a ferret; which very few
others seem to understand. I wouldn't have made it without you and I
thank you all for that.

Christmas is always a bit stressful for me, this year I was brought
to tears so many times but in a good way. There are many people to
thank and lots of people that have made a difference. Here's a few
that I know read the FML; if you don't see your name here it's probably
because I didn't know you're reading and am still working on personal
thank you notes. =).

Randy Belair- You've been a great friend to me and I don't know how
you find the time to run the shelter and still take my 2am calls when
I'm crying and Ti (the sick fert) is scaring me and I need to talk.
You are the best and everyone should know it.

Heather Draper- The letter from Santa for Ti was the most considerate
thing anyone could have done, especially when dealing with your own
personal loss. It shows true character. Raven was lucky to have a mommy
like you. Oh and the care package to me was great. who knew Mexican hot
chocolate would be so good on a cold Canadian winter day!

Deb- (Mystical Manana to everyone else) You rock!! Hmmmm. not much
else to say. I hope you know how much you make me laugh, smile and
keep me sane. I appreciate it all.

Lynn & Britt at FAS- Thanks so much for the photo/card holder. I've
been using it for my SOS Christmas cards but with space for 5 photos
perhaps Randy will have to send another ferret my way. ;-)  Really
it's very sweet of you to think of me over the holidays.

Alicia at Ferretwise- I've only spoken to you a few times but I've come
to appreciate your talent, efforts and work. Even when I know how busy
you must be you seem to find the time to do all the little things, I'm
not sure how many of you there are but I thank each of you for the
notes, cards, and work you do at the shelter.

Jean at Ferrets Unlimited- Though I've never had the pleasure of
meeting you I do hope to one day. Thanks for taking care of the kids
you do and for the wonderful letters that brightened my days over the
holidays. I really don't expect a shelter (I know you are soooo busy)
to take that kind of time to write out a note and send cards to my kids
for the holidays. They were cute thoughtful and came at a time when I
wasn't feeling that great, you not only made a difference in a ferrets
life but brightened a persons day too!

Other shelter operators- Hey I don't mean to leave you out. thanks too!
I just didn't have personal dealings with everyone so I can't say much
about everyone and this would drag on if I did. Thanks for doing what
you do.

The SOS Card Exchange Gang- Guys & Gals. I love you all! It's so much
fun to exchange cards with you, I feel I know each of you a little more
and I really look forward to each and every exchange. My windowsill (I
don't have a fireplace) is a little brighter because of you and in a
world of email I am happy to get a something other than credit card
bills in the mail.

Finally Kat- Thanks for all your work on the raffles, with SOS and
everything you do. I know I said this to you privately and tried to
post it once but the email was eaten by the email gremlins. so thanks
for all your work throughout the year. I can think of many people that
donate time, money, etc. to shelters and organizations at different
times but you not only do this all year round with the SOS raffles but
jump in when emergency fundraisers come up and I can't think of anyone
that better exemplifies the spirit of giving than you do. You have
inspired me to do the same; I hope I can live up to your example.

There are many others that I could thank but these people have
personally touched my life and I wanted to let them know. I hope
you all had a wonderful holiday and the winter finds everyone warm,
healthy and enjoying Mexican Hot Chocolate my new favorite drink
(thanks Heather!).

Love to you all,

Shannan