Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 10:36:22 -0400
Oh, while mentioning neat things that another person has noted in relation
to rehabing ferrets which have been abused: I think if was Julianna who
once had a regularly kicked ferret there and she put the cage first at
face height to reduce stress, and slowly lowered it as the ferret became
more calm.  If I am not recalling right who did it then someone else was
really great on that score.

Back when Harley was still around he'd also been a kicked boy and we used
to let him bite the heck out of shoes to get back at them.  It worked
marvelously -- not for the shoes, of course, but...

Sukie, Steve (and the Sweet 7 who include at least 3, possibly 4, who were
abused before joining our family)

BTW: once they know that they have nothing to fear the past abuse victims
typically become the absolutely sweetest ferrets imaginable, and certainly
the most grateful