Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:32:00 -0400
I am not a subscribed member here so email with a response.  Have read BIGs
archives but really didn't get a good answer.  Wonder how far fleas can
fly from host to anywhere?  If the ferret has fleas and is kept in a large
bathroom for a day, can the fleas get into the carpet?  If so, do you
suggest bombing the bathroom even tho the ferret was in this room for one
day?  We gave the ferret two water baths and killed as many fleas as we
could and then combed the hair for a day.  My understanding is, if there
is a host, the fleas will stay on the host, but may be this is wrong.

Our ferret was a rescue going to a shelter.  Many of us were and are still
mad that these owners had the ferret for months with a terrible and we mean
terrible flea problem.  We have never seen any animal with so many fleas in
our lives.  Any support is nice.  Thanks!

sturgis