From:
Kathleen Boaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 09:48:23 -0400
Hello All,

First, thank you's to everyone who told me what color Sparky is!  I had no
idea at all, having only seen sables, albinos, and some "brown sables"--are
those cinnamon???

I have another Sparky question, however.  Sparky is very lathargic and
mopey lately as well as gaining a lot of weight.  Then, last night, he
didn't want to eat at all.  I started hand feeding him his Science Diet,
Totally Ferret, Kitten Chow, Friskies gourmet mix, and he began eating.
But all he wants to do is lie around and sleep.  He doesn't want to play or
to be held, just sleep.  The only thing I can think of is that his buddy,
Norkie, died in July.  Sparky began moping in June when she began rapidly
deteriorating and no longer wanted to play.  They had been together for
Sparky's entire life (5 years).

Does anyone have an suggestions?  I am taking him to the vet this afternoon
to see if she has seen this before and would know what to do.

Thanks,
Kathleen