From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 01:00:08 -0400
Cocoa did something pretty weird tonight.  We let the gang out of their room
for their nightly chaos, and she got very interested in a specific spot on
the edge of the bottom stair to the basement.  It's carpeted, and she
started furiously clawing at one spot, then started biting and chewing at
it, and wouldn't let go.  I tried pulling her off, yelling at her, flicking
her nose, and finally pried her off.  She went right back to the spot, over
and over again until we finally poured some bad-tasting stuff all over the
spot.  We though we may have spilled some Ferretone or something, but none
of the other ferrets seemed the least bit interested in the spot.  It did
seem damp, but we don't know if it may have been just her saliva.

Anyone have any idea what may have gotten into her?  She's a bit of a
carpet-digger, but never been a carpet eater before.

She's about 2 1/2, neutered female.  Pretty normal ferret, usually, but
she's had the runs (mushy, light brown poops) for a few days.  Otherwise,
active and not exhibiting any other unusual behavior.  The other three are
their usual selves.

Stan & Terrie, with Mookie, Psycho, Cecil & Cocoa in Toronto