Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:29:01 -0400
My ferrets take the igloo and zoom around under that. I also give them
shoe boxes to scoot under. They turn them rightside up and figure out
how to flip them. They tend to love playing "tank" or "turtle" with
these boxes. They have also learned to use these boxes and igloo as
a means of getting them to where they would use them to get into
something on a higher level or to get over the barrier at the doorways!
They push the igloo over to the doorway and climb on top and jump and
grab onto the barrier to get out! I had to take the igloo out of there
and boxes until we get some round piping to cover the top of the
barrier so they cannot grasp on. Smart little buggers!

On the food recall, I scrolled down to read further and found this,
which is rather scarey: " Ferrets are highly susceptible to botulinum
toxin" and the disease has only been "seen occasionally in dogs and
has not been reported in cats".

Eleanor, Donald and the 11 fuzzbutts