From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:46:09 -0500
> Subject: divroce and ferrets
> ... I have several ferrets and my worry is that the judge might split
>them up between us.  The person I'm divorcing has threatened to strangle
>one of them and assaulted them on 2 other occasions.  What can I do to
>protect them?  What agencies can I file with?  And any other suggestions
>would be greatly appreciated.

Does your ex have a history of DOCUMENTED violence?  Have you had to call
the police for a domestic disturbance, or have the neighbors called?
Have you ever kept a diary of the chronological the violence?  Men who
abuse women generally abuse children and animals as well, it's a power
thing and a enlightened family court judge would know this.  You need
to let your lawyer know about the threats and past violence and that
the ex will use the ferrets as a weapon against you.

Best of luck,
Leslie